College is your time to discover and explore who you are and how God uniquely gifted you. Through intentional exploration and investment during your time at Cornerstone University, you will learn about yourself and who God has called you to be.
"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God's grace in its various forms." —1 Peter 4:10
Think of the LIFEPATH process as four phases: discover, focus, experience and achieve. With purpose-guided career planning resources and academic support networks, we're here to help you every step of the way along your vocational journey.
Discover Who You Are
Discovering who you are—what you love, what gets you excited—is a life-changing experience; it's worth your effort. Our student-focused resources help you make meaning of your unique talents, interests, values and personality. This is important so that you can begin to make informed decisions about your future.
During your early years as a college student, you can expect access to experiences that will help you plan and prepare for your first job and beyond. This includes opportunities for you to:
- Complete a variety of personality and career assessments.
- Establish personal, professional and academic goals.
- Attend an employer site visit.
- Volunteer with an organization that matches your interests.
- Meet with an adviser for advice on your academic course plan.
Focus On Your Interests
With your initial plans in hand, now's the time to focus in on the areas that interest you most. We encourage you to talk to faculty. Meet professionals in your field. Ask lots of questions. This prepares you to envision how you might pursue your passions with purpose—and in a way that's uniquely suited to you.
As you continue to think about jobs related to your talents and interests, we provide student-focused career coaching to help you:
- Develop your resume, cover letter and electronic portfolio.
- Attend career fairs to begin meeting potential employers and recruiters.
- Pursue part-time jobs in a field that interests you.
Integrate Knowledge and Experience
By taking the time to gain knowledge and experience in the areas that interest you, we equip you to steward the opportunities God has placed before you as a college student. It's an incredible chance—and responsibility—to ensure that upon graduation, you'll be ready to present the very best version of yourself to the world! Even better, it's that version of you who will make a difference in your chosen vocation—and in the lives of others.
At this stage in your college journey, we'll offer personalized guidance and connect you with peer advisers, equipping you to:
- Map out your post-graduation plans with specific timelines.
- Develop your personal brand.
- Join a professional organization and/or regularly attend events to group your professional network.
- Complete an off-campus internship for academic credit.
Achieve Your Goals
As you near the end of your time at Cornerstone, you'll take all you've discovered, all the experiences you've had along your college journey, and begin to position yourself for future opportunities. With our support networks, you can move confidently into your vocation in a way that reflects exactly who you are and who God has made you to be. We're here to give assistance and feedback as you:
- Conduct your job search before graduation.
- Complete graduate school entrance exams, applications and any interviews by program deadlines.
- Continue to grow and develop your professional network in fields and with employers of interest to you.